Saturday 18 July 2015

Still life photography tarot cards

A little while ago I was asked to make tarot cards for two of my favourite people, James and Blair. These were no ordinary tarot cards, they're getting married and to show what he'd do for Blair, James got all their creative friends to make two tarot cards each on the theme of a certain aspect of their relationship and things he'd happily do for blair in the future. I was given transformation and sacrifice.


As Blair's a fellow witch ( go check out his videos at WitchesMIX, it's full of interesting advice and tips about various aspects of paganism and witchcraft.) I thought I'd take inspiration from spells and mythology, there's salt, charcoal from the yule fire we all shared, egg, rosemary, oil, water, iron and some of my hair before and after I dyed it (for the transformation part.) oh and glitter, because there has to be glitter.



For Sacrifice I took my inspiration from James and his love of literature and his sharp wit (You can read some of his writing at his blog Palimpsest, I can definitely recommend it, it's beautiful.) This excerpt is from a copy of Doctor Haggards Disease I've had for years, every so often I'll read a few pages and make blackout poetry as I go.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks once again for your thoughtful, creative and inspired artwork Hazel. We shall have to plan further artsy nonsense soon: poetry, visual art, I can pose stark stonking naked for yer. You're amazecakes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ever so much lovely, so glad you both like them and definitely up for making together. I would love to paint you as well, need to get back on the painting really, it's been too long.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...